Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kim Clijsters Tennis Star

TORONTO — Former world No. 1 player Kim Clijsters was one of three players awarded wild cards Wednesday into the main draw of the Rogers Cup women’s tennis tournament.
Clijsters, the 2005 Rogers Cup champion, returned to action this week in Cincinnati after a two-year absence following marriage and the birth of her first child. Clijsters spent 19 weeks at No. 1 in the world rankings in 2003.
“So many things have changed. I got married, had a daughter, and that’s something that has a big impact on my life,” Clijsters said in a statement. “It will change me as a player as well. I’ve been practicing for seven months and I’m looking forward to my second career.”
Clijsters advanced to the third round in Cincinnati on Wednesday with a 6-2, 7-5 win over Patty Schnyder.
Stephanie Dubois and Valerie Tetreault were also awarded wild cards for the main draw, which begins Monday. Dubois will be making her eighth Rogers Cup appearance.

Kim Clijsters
Kim Clijsters
Kim Clijsters
Kim Clijsters
Kim Clijsters
Kim Clijsters
Kim Clijsters

No comments:

Post a Comment